Laparoscopic surgery is a preferred technique which is a minimally invasive surgical technique where the surgeon uses a laparoscope to operate; this minimizes scars, decreases pain and enable the patient to recover faster.
Aimed as a panacea for most kinds of digestive diseases, It is a popular referral centre and conducts treatments and surgeries for all kinds of disorders related to the biliary tract, pancreas, liver and the gastro-intestinal tract. Surgeries and endoscopes for a wide range of problems such as stone removal, elimination of foreign bodies, abdominal TB among others are successfully conducted here.
The unit has all the latest equipment’s to conduct various complex surgeries for cancers, bypass and re-sections. Panacea Hospital specialises in Bariatric surgery to cure morbid obesity. The team at Panacea Hospital is an extraordinary mix of leading gastroenterologists, endoscopists, radiologists and surgeons of the country, who do their utmost to ensure that your digestive disorders are soon a thing of the past.
This department is supported by round the clock laboratory, radiology and emergency services to ensure patients receive highest level of care in a timely manner.
Treatments and Procedures
- Treatment for trauma and accidents including intercostal drainage Surgical emergencies
- Excision of sebaceous cyst, lipoma and lymph node biopsy
- Minor surgical procedures like abscess drainage, carbuncles, soft tissue tumors, hydrocele, hernia, varicocele, vasectomy, circumcision, etc.
- Emergency laparotomy for perforation, intestinal obstruction, appendicitis and strangulated hernia wherever patient is hemodynamically stable or ASA grade 1&2
- Laparoscopic surgery – lap cholecystectomy
- Breast surgery for any tumors, both benign and malignant
- Surgery for fissures, fistulas and hemorrhoids
- Endocrine surgery for thyroid and other endocrine glands
- Surgery for varicose veins and other minor vascular procedures